Thursday, December 10, 2009

I spent a few hours at the beauty salon today. It felt good to just sit and relax for a while. As I was there (it was a longer appointment, sometimes a girl just needs a little help) I made a list of all that I would like to accomplish in the next week before heading to Mississippi. It's a long list. Some things are pretty important, other things aren't so much...I started to write down "wrap Christmas presents" and then realized I could just bring my presents to church on Sunday morning and have them wrapped for me! I almost did a happy dance right there in the beauty salon. YES! The team will be wrapping gifts on Sunday morning starting at 8:45am and ending whenever the last gift is wrapped. They will be there the following Sunday as well, December 20th. Donations gladly accepted.

My friend and hairstylist donated part of today's fee to my trip as well. One of the first things she asked was "what do you need". What I said? Prayer. Money is helpful, prayer is really the thing. I know she's good for that one! Prayer sponsors and financial sponsors are what make this trip run smoothly. God bless y'all!

Speaking of finances our thermometer keeps creeping up...here's the end of the week rundown:

7 people have their trip completely paid for.
5 people are within $200 of goal.
4 others have between $201-400 to go.
3 team members need over $400.

In our PayPal Challenge Ralphie/Jeffy is still in the lead with 16 donations...Ellen is in 2nd with 5, Debbie hangs in with 2 and the Waltons are at 1. There's still time to enter the race!

By the way, KPIG fans are awesome!!!!! We've had donations come in from Indiana, Connecticut, Virginia, Alabama, Oregon and all over CA from KPIG fans...so very cool. Thanks for supporting Ralphie and the team!

And just a reminder for our team, our final meeting and team commissioning is on Sunday. Commissioning is at 9am and 11:15am, team meeting at 10:30am (I'm pretty sure it will be in the fellowship hall...just an FYI). Hopefully your t-shirts will be here as well!

No comments: