Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Job sites to pray for

The boss men: Ben & Tom


I talked with Tom at the Pearlington Project this morning. I always love talking with Tom because we laugh and laugh and laugh and because I know that Tom tells it like it is. Two years ago on our 2nd trip to Pearlington we met up with Tom just by chance. He was down in Pearlington working on a couple of jobs but mostly lining up new ones and we were looking for things to do. I knew the minute we started working for him that this was a good thing! 4 trips later I'm still convinced!


Anyway, I got the scoop on our potential job sites for this trip and thought it would be good to have y'all pray for them even now.

  • Miss Anna's house--We'll be doing odds and end's here.
  • Captain John's--Laying the groundwork for the house, i.e. digging holes, mixing cement and putting in the pylons (I am so not a contractor so I have no idea if I spelled that word right!)
  • Carol, the cat lady--She's got finish work that needs to be done on the house, fixing things that have gone wrong. I've seen pictures she's close to moving in!
  • Ben T.--building a pump house. This one could be tricky cuz Ben is stubborn and doesn't like to take workers from others...but we love him!
Another possible site is the Baptist church. And if things go like other trips, the jobs will start to come in once the town starts seeing volunteers around!

2 comments:

trinity said...

Praying for you all as you head out! Love you!

Maaike said...

Dear friends in Pearlington,

I think it's great what you're doing in Mississippi. I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you, but I will be there in prayers. I will remind myself off all the good that you are doing and think off the people made happy. I wish you all the luck you can have! I hope you'll enjoy or learn from everything that happens.

Much love and good spirit from the Netherlands!

Maaike Wilting