Saturday, April 18, 2009

The last day--MS7

I was standing on a ladder today, scraping paint, (surprise, surprise) thinking about how today was our last day of work. Usually when I think about the last day, I'm swamped by feelings of sadness but today was different. In fact it's been different the last two trips, not because I'm done with the work but because I know I'm coming back. There's nothing to be sad about because I will be here again, maybe in 9 months, but we will be back.

I think the whole team felt that way today. We knew there was no way to get the scraping all done, so we did what we could on the Yellow House. The crew out at Captain John's did their job, ran out of materials and called it good. And it is! The last job of the day was to install a gate at the back of the property at the Yellow House, which was done in a flash.

The whole day felt relaxed. We had lunch at Turtle Landing with Ben and Ms. Sue, a special treat, took our team picture by the Pearlington sign and did what we could. Quitting time came a little earlier than normal and we left knowing that we had done our best. We will be back.

It's 9:45pm our time and we have to leave early in the morning, so I'm not going to post pictures tonight. My pillow is calling. Check back in a couple of days and the pictures should be up! Thanks for praying!

No comments: