Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thank you!!!!

Thank you to Elisabeth Carlisle, Sherry Austin, Sharon Allen, the band and Toby-the sound guy for a wonderful Concert tonight! Thanks to all the concert-goers as well for showing up, for supporting the team and for being a huge encouragement to us all!

Sometimes it's easier to put our fundraising into perspective by getting familiar with the numbers of what some things cost. So here's a little breakdown on what we anticipate our costs being for the trip.

Airfare is by far the most expensive part of the trip at around $3800.
Car Rentals come in 2nd at about $1500.
Housing is the 3rd most expensive part at $1225 total for the two homes will be staying in.
Gas and Food and a couple other "essentials" round out the rest...but it's hard to estimate just how much that might cost. We asked each team member to raise $750 this time around.

I say all this is because tonight at the concert we raised enough money to cover almost all of the housing costs...$1095! YIPPEE!!! Only $130 to go! Or to put it another way, we could lower the cost that each team member needs to raise by $91.25. Awesome! :)

The chorus of one of the last songs tonight, had me crying (so did the second song of the evening but those lyrics I can't find yet). The lyrics spoke to my heart...especially the second two lines...it's how I feel about Pearlington:

If I needed you would you come to me tonight?
Would you come for me to ease my pain?
If you needed me I would come to you
I would swim the seas for to ease your pain.
~Townes Van Zandt If I Needed You

No comments: