Thursday, January 8, 2009

Reflections from Douglas

I really enjoyed this trip a lot more than others for some reason.

I'm not sure I've figured out why yet though. Maybe it's because I'm older, or maybe it's because I had a beard (I don't now). It might have been because several houses were nearing completion and I could really feel, and see, things getting done. Or it might be because I got to hang out with a lot of my friends that I haven't seen in way too long or that Ben trusts us. It could even be that there were a bunch of new people on the trip that I got to know better. It was probably some combination of all of these.

I really love the atmosphere there, it's really relaxing and calming (at least for me), but since I've been back I've been feeling a little lost and frustrated. College life is completely different and I was missing Pearlington as soon as I stepped off the plane and knew I had to head back to San Luis Obispo for work and school. I'd much rather just live in Pearlington and help people any way I can. Heck, I almost want to move home for summer and just help my parents do yard work.

No comments: